This outline serves as an overview of the requirements necessary for Contractors seeking to perform work within the District’s Natural Gas Distribution System.
If you have any questions regarding these requirements, please contact Stephanie L. Henn, P.E., at (402) 504-7902 or by e-mail.
- Natural gas distribution and fuel line system installation experience is required. Contractor shall provide relevant work experience for the District’s review.
- Past work history with the District is preferred.
- Experience working with the City of Omaha and surrounding communities is advantageous. City of Omaha coordination will be required for storm water pollution prevention plan implementation, traffic control, and in getting “vetted” by the City to perform hard surface concrete restoration in conjunction with the gas system installation work.
- Contractor shall have the ability to procure Performance along with Labor and Material Bonds in amounts up to $10,000,000.00. Bond history for the past five (5) years shall be provided to the District for review.
- Contractor shall have the ability to provide the Insurance Coverage’s as required by the District.
- Be licensed and registered Contractor in the State of Nebraska.
- Comply with all Federal Department of Transportation and Department of Labor regulations for Natural Gas Distribution system work including but not limited to the following:
- Operator Qualification is required for all employees performing gas related construction tasks. Midwest Energy Association (MEA) provides templates and further information regarding these requirements.
- Comply with required Safety Programs.
- Comply with Drug and Alcohol Testing Requirements.
- Provide Background Check and Affidavits of all employees performing work on Natural Gas Distribution systems. Use Federal Immigration Verification System for all new employees.
- Ensure all employees, as required, comply with Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) regulations.
- Contractor shall follow all OSHA Standards. Provide OSHA 300 Log for last five (5) years, including Incident & Lost Time Rates.
- Comply with all requirements of Department of Transportation – Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) Pipeline Safety Regulations, Parts 191 & 192.
- Follow all requirements outlined within the National Fuel Gas Code, most current edition, as it pertains to fuel line piping materials and installation.
- Follow all District Construction Standards and Operating and Maintenance Procedures as required in performance of work on Natural Gas Distribution systems. Direct questions regarding these construction standards should be addressed to Stephanie L. Henn.
- Comply with all Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan requirements set forth per the City of Omaha and the Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality.
- Comply with the City of Omaha Barricading Standards, Specifications, Methods, and Materials for all residential and arterial street traffic control.
- Provide list of all natural gas related construction equipment along with required trained personnel to perform the work, including all sub-contractors to be utilized, if necessary.
Please review and contact the undersigned at (402) 504-7902 or by e-mail if you have any questions or comments regarding the above information.
Stephanie L. Henn, P.E.
Director, Plant Engineering