Emergency Hotline:


24 hours a day / 7 days a week



24 horas del día / 7 días de la semana (24/7)

What is an Emergency?

Gas leaks, odor of gas, damaged lines, carbon monoxide symptoms and water main breaks are all considered emergencies.

If you smell gas, do not attempt to locate the leak. Instead, leave the house or building right away. Do not use any electrical switches, appliances, lights, telephones, or mobile devices, as an electrical charge could create a spark. When you are in a safe place, call M.U.D.'s emergency hotline at 402.554.7777 or 9-1-1.

If someone is showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, call 9-1-1 immediately. Symptoms are like the flu.

If you have a water-related emergency, call 402.554.7777. Our personnel are ready to assist you 24/7. When in doubt, call us immediately.


Las fugas de gas, el olor a gas, las tuberías de gas dañadas, los síntomas de monóxido de carbono y roturas en las tuberías principales de agua son consideradas emergencias.

Si huele a gas, NO trate de localizar la fuga/escape. Al contrario, abandone la casa o el edificio inmediatamente. No utilice los interruptores eléctricos, electrodomésticos, luces, teléfonos o equipos móviles, ya que una carga eléctrica podría provocar una chispa. Una vez que se encuentre en un lugar seguro, entonces llame a la línea directa de emergencia de M.U.D. al 402.554.7777 o al 9-1-1.

Si alguien tiene síntomas de envenenamiento causados por el monóxido de carbono, llame al 9-1-1 inmediatamente. Los síntomas son como los de la gripe/catarro.

Si tiene una emergencia relacionada con el agua, llame al 402.554.7777. Nuestro personal está listo para ayudarle, 24/7. Cuando dude o crea que hay una emergencia, llámenos de inmediato.

Learn More
Metropolitain Utilites District
I want to:

Contractor Services

Please Note:

  • Effective May 5, 2022, the District's Gas and Water Rules and Regulations have been updated. Links to view or download the documents are in the listing below.
  • Effective June 1, 2022, the District's Billing Price Book has been updated, see link below.

At Metropolitan Utilities District, we believe in supporting the economic growth and development of the communities we serve. If you’re expanding or relocating in our service area, contact one of our representatives to see how we can be a solution for you.

For your convenience the following forms are provided. Make your commercial or residential selection by clicking on the links to initiate installation of new or additional gas and water service or main extensions.

Utility Information Request:

Consulting engineers and land surveyors must now utilize the Nebraska One Call / Nebraska811 system to request utility information from M.U.D. for use in project design or topographic surveys. The Nebraska811 system added a "survey" ticket type for this purpose.

  • Once M.U.D. receives the information request ticket from Nebraska811, gas and water quarter page maps showing our facilities in the area will be forwarded via email in PDF format. Please allow at least 24 hours for a technician to reply to your request.
  • Contact Nebraska One Call / Nebraska811 by phone at 811 or 1-800-331-5666 or on the web at https://www.ne1call.com/

To access the contractor application login screen click here.