Emergency Hotline:

402.554.7777

24 hours a day / 7 days a week


What is an Emergency?

Gas leaks, odor of gas, damaged lines, carbon monoxide symptoms, water main breaks or no water service are all considered emergencies.

If you smell gas, do not attempt to locate the leak. Instead, leave the house or building right away. Do not use any electrical switches, appliances, lights, telephones, or mobile devices, as an electrical charge could create a spark. When you are in a safe place, call M.U.D.'s emergency hotline at 402.554.7777 or 9-1-1.

If someone is showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, call 9-1-1 immediately. Symptoms are like the flu.

If you have a water-related emergency, call 402.554.7777. Our personnel are ready to assist you 24/7. When in doubt, call us immediately.

Learn More
Metropolitain Utilites District
I want to:
EMERGENCY (EMERGENCIA)

What should you do if you are experiencing symptoms of CO?

If you think you are experiencing any of the symptoms (headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest pain or confusion) of CO poisoning get fresh air immediately. Open windows and doors for more ventilation, turn off any combustion appliances, and leave the house. Call your fire department (or 911) and report your symptoms. High levels of CO inhalation can cause loss of consciousness and death.

It is also important to contact a doctor immediately for a proper diagnosis. Tell your doctor that you suspect CO poisoning is causing your problems. Prompt medical attention is important if you are experiencing any symptoms of CO poisoning when you are operating fuel-burning appliances. Before turning your fuel-burning appliances back on, make sure a qualified service person checks them for malfunction.

Accreditation

Consumer Products Safety Commission Document #466