Emergency Hotline:


24 hours a day / 7 days a week



24 horas del día / 7 días de la semana (24/7)

What is an Emergency?

Gas leaks, odor of gas, damaged lines, carbon monoxide symptoms and water main breaks are all considered emergencies.

If you smell gas, do not attempt to locate the leak. Instead, leave the house or building right away. Do not use any electrical switches, appliances, lights, telephones, or mobile devices, as an electrical charge could create a spark. When you are in a safe place, call M.U.D.'s emergency hotline at 402.554.7777 or 9-1-1.

If someone is showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, call 9-1-1 immediately. Symptoms are like the flu.

If you have a water-related emergency, call 402.554.7777. Our personnel are ready to assist you 24/7. When in doubt, call us immediately.


Las fugas de gas, el olor a gas, las tuberías de gas dañadas, los síntomas de monóxido de carbono y roturas en las tuberías principales de agua son consideradas emergencias.

Si huele a gas, NO trate de localizar la fuga/escape. Al contrario, abandone la casa o el edificio inmediatamente. No utilice los interruptores eléctricos, electrodomésticos, luces, teléfonos o equipos móviles, ya que una carga eléctrica podría provocar una chispa. Una vez que se encuentre en un lugar seguro, entonces llame a la línea directa de emergencia de M.U.D. al 402.554.7777 o al 9-1-1.

Si alguien tiene síntomas de envenenamiento causados por el monóxido de carbono, llame al 9-1-1 inmediatamente. Los síntomas son como los de la gripe/catarro.

Si tiene una emergencia relacionada con el agua, llame al 402.554.7777. Nuestro personal está listo para ayudarle, 24/7. Cuando dude o crea que hay una emergencia, llámenos de inmediato.

Learn More
Metropolitain Utilites District
I want to:

Heat Aid Fund

The Heat Aid Fund was established by M.U.D. in 1983 and is administered by several agencies. The Fund has served more than 35,000 customers since its inception.

How it works - If you need help to pay utility bills, the first step is to contact the Nebraska Energy Assistance Program at 1.800.383.4278 or apply on-line.

More resources - Call 211, the United Way of the Midlands call center, for referral to other community resources.


  • Recipients must have received a shut-off notice and have made an attempt to qualify for assistance under other governmental programs.
  • The applicant must reside in the District's service area, be age 60 or older; or disabled (proof of disability is required); or be in a crisis situation.
  • No more than $500 per household in a heating season.
  • Applicants have to work with local agency on general budgeting skills and have a consistent payment history.

Donate - All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Consult your tax adviser if you have questions. Ways to give:

  1. Write an amount on the front of your bill statement as a one-time gift or specify an amount to begin a monthly pledge. Heat-Aid contributions may be changed or canceled at any time by calling M.U.D., 402.554.6666.
  2. Download and complete Give to Heat Aid (located at left in 'Related Resources') and send to: 
    Heat Aid Fund
    Metropolitan Utilities District
    7350 World Communications Dr.
    Omaha, NE 68122-4041