60th Street north of Center is re-opened and the District project temporarily suspended due to a nearby street project at 63rd and Shirley Streets that is scheduled to start Monday, July 31. The 63rd and Shirley project is anticipated to be completed in approximately two weeks.
Once the District can return to the neighborhood, 60th Street will be closed again for crew safety. Local access to this area will be provided to residents and emergency vehicles during construction.
We anticipate 60th Street will be closed starting in mid-August and remain closed for four to six weeks until the District work is completed.
Previous update 7-20-17:
Work continues on a new water main installation in 60th St. to the north (Center St. to Walnut St.) and will be completed in late August. Backlund Plumbing is currently reconnecting water services to the new main while M.U.D. crews are working on final connections.
M.U.D. crews will start the south section of the project the week of July 24, and completion is targeted in early October. The water main replacement will run from Arbor St. to Oak St. Please use caution when driving through the area.
- Traffic will be diverted to the furthest western two lanes of 60th Street with single lane traffic north and south from Spring Street to Center Street.
- Alternate routes are available in the area and should be utilized during construction. Local access to this area will be provided to residents and emergency vehicles during construction.
- Construction will occur in phases over the next several months.
- For street closure or other construction-related questions, please contact M.U.D. Foreman Mark Ausdemore at 402.504.7843 (between 7:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.) or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For information about the District's infrastructure replacement program, visit our Infrastructure Projects page or view the April bill insert.